Please join us for these exciting professional training seminars in 2017. More information and conference descriptions will be available online at Eventbrite.com. This is a professional workshop, open only to mental health and other health professionals seeking an advanced level training.
Mentalization as a Treatment Shift, Sept. 8, 9:30am- 12:30pm.
Mentalization is key to well-being, healthy relationships, and overall resiliency for human beings. It is the process by which we as humans make sense of each other and ourselves in terms of our mental states. It is developed within a secure attachment in early years of life and it is negatively impacted by situations that cause the stress response. When mentalizing is a method of clinical practice, the approach gives the therapist a way to build this capacity and watch a client’s growth before their own eyes. Participants will define, acquire and practice using various mentalizing questions and techniques that can de-crease the likelihood of clinicians working harder than the clients and thus, promoting more progress and less compassion fatigue. It is an effective approach with any client, and very useful with clients with attachment issues, traumatic experiences, and Border-line Personality Disorder. It is the difference between being the voice and teaching them how to hear the still, small voice within themselves. The presenter is Julie Pratt, LCPC, Clinical Supervisor and therapist at CentrePointe Counseling, Inc.
Course completion requirements include participating in the full session and completing the CEU evaluation. Certificates will be awarded at the close of the event.
LOCATION: CEU Trainings will be held in the annex (conference room) at BCMD (CentrePointe’s Columbia location). Free parking in front and behind the building. BCMD, 10255 Old Columbia Road, Columbia, MD 21046
GROWING AS A PROFESSIONAL TO INVEST IN OTHERS
Each .3 CEU events (3 clock hours) costs $40 and will be held from 9:30am -12:30pm.
Full refunds are offered if you cancel 2 weeks before the event.
To register send a check by mail to P.O. Box 339, Ashton, MD 20861, Register online here.
For questions, call Valerie Howard at 800-491-5369 ext. 120
Disability accommodations requests should be made to Kim Cook at 800-491-5360 ext. 102, one
CentrePointe Counseling, Inc. is an approved sponsor of The Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CentrePointe is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. (Provider # 6569). Approval is being sought to be a ACE Provider by CentrePointe (pending Provider #1586).
CentrePointe is required to have written, published policies and procedures for complaint and grievance management. This information is provided in full on our website and in sum-mary format on attendance certificates and promotional materials.
1. The complaint or grievance must be submitted in writing by participant, noting the full name and contact information for the participant to ensure proper follow-up. This letter will be reviewed by CentrePointe’s social worker consultant/Executive Director.
2. If needed, the issue will be discussed with other leadership team members of the CentrePointe staff.
3. The participant will have the opportunity to support his/her allegations by arguments however brief and, if need be, by related supporting evidence.
4. The response decision is made by the Executive Director in consultation with the leadership team members. The decision takes into account various perspectives on the situation and relevant facts.
5. Information is shared from the findings with the CentrePointe leadership team to be utilized for improving future courses.
6. CentrePointe will respond to the participant in writing regarding the outcome of the response decision.
Want to Support the Work of CentrePointe?
Become a monthly partner or make a one time donation!
Ready to start healing?
Contact us for more information or to make an appointment!
Stay Up to Date!
We send occasional updates (less than once a month!) with prayer requests, event updates, and anything else that's happening at CentrePointe.