Partnering with churches for healthier pastors, leaders, and congregations.
CentrePointe Counseling strives to be a resource for pastors, clergy members, churches, denominational groups, and Christian organizations of all denominations to promote healthy patterns, organizational development, and spiritual growth.
Coaching for Church Planters
Clergy Leadership Groups
Critical Incident Debriefing
Seminars & Workshops
Individual & Family Therapy
Premarital & Couples Counseling
Resources we use include:
Mediation Training through the Lombard Peace Institute
Organizational Development from the Alban Institute
CISM model for Critical Incident Debriefing
Safe Church Program (child/youth safety policies)
Leadership Assessments using Myers-Briggs Inventory
For Church Communities
Premarital Counseling - Sample:
- Scheduled with a professional therapist (daytime/evening/weekend times available)
- Three sessions held before the wedding (preparation)
- One session held post-wedding (follow-up & maintenance)
Topics include (varies according to the therapist’s assessment of needs):
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving & conflict resolution
- Marital roles & expectations, including sexuality, parenthood, & finances
- Faith & spirituality
- Family of origin issues
- Growth opportunities
- Other topics as needed
With written permission from the engaged couple, the therapist will report to the referring pastor. All counseling is confidential and professional.
Speaking & Seminars - Topics May Include:
Trauma - Recovery & Debriefing, A How to for Helpers, Trauma Basics & Symptoms, PTSD & Combat Stress, Spirituality & Trauma
Education - Teaching for Special Needs, Behavior Mgmt Strategies, Child Safety Policies, Youth Leader Training, Basic Counseling Skills, Suicide Awareness & Prevention
Personal Issues - Avoiding Traps/ Self-esteem, Self-care & Personal Health, Forgiveness & Reconciliation, Anger: Relationship Destroyer, Recognizing & Responding to Addictions, Is There Help & Hope for Sexual Addictions?, Understanding Your Family of Origin, What Are Boundaries?
Parenting - Discipline & Setting Limits, Why Christian Kids Rebel, Spiritual Training at Home, Connecting with your Teen, 40 Assets/Resilient Kids, Adolescents & Developing Executive Skills, ADHD Interventions for the Home
Family - Grief & Loss, Help for Spouses as Caregivers, My Parents, My Life: Finding the Balance, Men & Women: Understanding the Differences, Parenting Teens in Times of Turmoil, Effects of Mental Illness on Family Members
Youth - Life Hurts, God Heals (Saddleback Curriculum), Good Sex (Y.S. Curriculum), How to Help Your Friends, Dangers of Pornography
Clergy/Leadership - Servant Leadership, Family Systems & Church Relationships, Helpful Interventions for Folks with Personality Disorders, Stages of Faith, What is Spiritual Coping?, Ministry Life in the Fishbowl
Stress - Coping with Stress, Are You Working Yourself to Death?
Relationships - Communication: Who’s Talking, Who’s Listening?, The Mirror of Marriage, Object Relations Theory as a Helpful Relationship Model, Marriage Enrichment Retreats (Imago & others), Pre-Marital Preparation Seminar (Prepare/Enrich), 10 Ingredients of Healthy Relationships, Conflict Management at Home
Fees & Availability:
Churches in our Church Partnership Program may access 1-hour speaking sessions per $500 donation. Otherwise, fees for speaking engagements are $200 per hour plus travel (for extended commutes). Presentations can be scheduled for day, evening, or weekend meetings for your ministry needs. Please call to discuss specific availability of dates and times.
Past presentations have been at: church gatherings, staff planning retreats, MOPS, youth group events, parent groups, women’s/men’s retreats, senior adult programs, deacon, elder, leadership meetings, staff orientations, and teacher’s meetings.
Marriage Retreats - Topics May Include:
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution
- Marital Roles and Expectations (Sexuality, Parenthood, & Finances)
- Faith & Growing Spiritually as a Couple
- Family of Origin Issues that affect Becoming One
- Gender Differences & Finding Common Ground
- Other Topics as Needed
Scheduled with professional therapists (1 day and 2 day retreats available) on-site at your church or at the location of your choice. Church arranges meals, childcare, entertainment to suit their needs and interests.
Hourly rates apply on site for each presenter plus travel. Churches should call several weeks in advance for booking.
How To Inquire About Conflict Mediation:
- Initial calls may go to Terry Bates at 800-491-5369, extension 100.
- An assessment is made over the phone as to the services needed. Is mediation the appropriate service? Is the conflict church-wide, or between individuals?
- The church is offered options for mediation services, including those outside CentrePointe.
- CentrePointe's conflict mediation team may discuss fees and terms of service with a church's core leadership or key persons involved.
- Pending the core leadership and the church's approval, the mediation process begins. This may involve the following: Covenanting Phase, Education, Information Gathering, Healing Phase, Problem-Solving, and Closure Phase.
Church Partnership Program
Our mission at CentrePointe Counseling is to provide Christ-centered professional counseling and consultation services that work toward transformation at the center of individuals, families, and organizations, creating a ripple effect of change in thinking, believing, and acting.
We believe that helping to foster healthy individuals leads to healthy families, churches, schools, organizations, businesses, and ultimately healthy communities.
Our Church Partnership Program provides support and resources to churches that wish to see this same ripple of change in their own congregations.
By deciding to partner with CentrePointe Counseling, congregations participate in a covenant relationship that benefits their clergy and members, while bringing hope and healing to their community.
Church Partnership Program Benefits
One 1-hour Lecture or Seminar for every $500 in support.
- May be directed at church ministry leaders, church staff, groups or congregation.
- CentrePointe presents seminar at your church or location of choice.
- Topics of counselor expertise: marriage or couples counseling, addictions, general anxiety, communication and conflict resolution, and other.
- Counselors are discreet, and can speak to sensitive topics specific to ministry leaders or specific groups (e.g., those experiencing addictions).
- Counseling services (elevated placement priority)
- Educational Seminars/Presentations to your congregation
- Premarital Counseling Package for Pastor-Referred Couples
- Conflict Mediation
- Critical Incident Response Team Services (assist after a traumatic event)
- Subscription to online e-newsletter and annual report
- Invitations to special events
- Access to our resources (online videos or papers by request)
In the partnership covenant, the church partner congregation agrees to:
- Use CentrePointe Counseling as a referral source for counseling, education, consultation, and training.
- Promote the purpose and mission of CentrePointe to the congregation by providing information in church newsletters, worship bulletins, visitor packets, and information tables.
- Support the ministry of CentrePointe by contributing financially. CentrePointe is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation committed to serving those in need, regardless of their ability to pay. The congregation’s participation as a partner church helps support this mission by providing services to those in need.
- Remember the staff, board, and clients in prayer. List the ministry of CentrePointe in church prayer lists and ask the congregation to pray for our staff and client needs.